Coffee is one of the most popular beverages in the world. Many of us can‘t start the day without it. However, we often hear that coffee canâ€™t be part of a healthy lifestyle, but this is far from the truth. Want to know all the benefits of drinking coffee?
- Coffee can make you feel better. Caffeine, the main active ingredient of coffee, acts as an antidepressant. Research shows that coffee can lower the risk of depression for as much as 20 percent. Good reason to drink coffee every day!
- Coffee is loaded with nutrients and antioxidants. Yes, it is true – coffee contains many of the important vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that your body needs. A cup of coffee provides you with a fantastic amount of antioxidants as well as with vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, potassium and manganese.
- Coffee can help you lose weight. Did you know that almost all commercial fat burning supplements contain caffeine? Why? Because caffeine boosts your metabolism as well as increases the oxidation of fatty acids. This helps you burn fat more efficiently. Dieting while drinking delicious coffee â€“ sounds good, isn’t it?
- Coffee is good for your liver. Stress, unhealthy lifestyle, sugar, alcohol and other bad factors can damage your liver. Various studies have shown that coffee can lower the risk of cirrhosis, the end stage of liver disease, by as much as 80 percent, as well as lower the risk of liver cancer by around 40 percent.
- Coffee increases your brain power. We all drink coffee when weâ€™re tired. This delicious and aromatic beverage keeps us awake. But did you know that coffee also increases neuronal firing in the brain as well as increases the release of some neurotransmitters that affect our brain function? The result is improved memory and general cognitive function.
- Coffee can protect you against serious diseases. Studies have shown that regular drinking of coffee reduces your risk of dying from heart disease. Besides, coffee prevents diabetes, reduces risk of some types of cancer as well as lowers the risk of developing of Alzheimerâ€™s and Parkinsonâ€™s diseases. So a cup of coffee will do you healthier than you imagine!
- Coffee improves athletic performance. Caffeine in coffee helps your body release hormone adrenaline which prepares you for physical activity. Did you know that some Olympic athletes use caffeine to improve their performance? If youâ€™re feeling a lack of energy, have a cup of coffee â€“ it will help, we promise!